OPINION TIMES HAS MOVED. OUR NEW ADDRESS IS www.OpinionTimes.com

Google
WWW Opinion Times

Monday, December 27, 2004

Tsunami

Backcountry Conservative shares with us this compilation of accounts of the Tsunami from Asian bloggers.

I friend from Sri Lanka told me today that her family is doing well, but some of her friends are either dead or have dead family members. She said that many of the tourists who died stayed on shore to take pictures when the first wave came in, but were unaware that they were observing their doom as the 100ft wave was staring them down.

I've been to India many times. My experience of living conditions in that area puts horror in my mind as I think of such a disaster playing out.

My prayers are with many people there and for Christian humanitarian efforts to step up and fill in the gaps this wave has caused to normal life in that region.