OPINION TIMES HAS MOVED. OUR NEW ADDRESS IS www.OpinionTimes.com

Google
WWW Opinion Times

Sunday, February 20, 2005

A Different View On Heinz Ketchup

Many conservatives have been switching from Heinz Ketchup to W Ketchup because of the outrageous statements and views of Theresa Heinz, part heriess of the Heinz family fortune. I must admit that my sentiments have been much the same until this morning at church.

My pastor shared the following excerpt from the Last Will and Testament of Henry J. Heinz, the founder of Heinz "57 Varieties":
"Looking forward to the time when my earthly career will end, I desire to set forth at the very beginning of this will, as the most important item in it, a confession of my faith in Jesus Christ as my Saviour. I also desire to bear witness to the fact that throughout my life, in which there were unusual joys and sorrows, I have been wonderfully sustained by my faith in God through Jesus Christ. This legacy was left me by my consecrated mother, a woman of strong faith, and to it I attribute any success I have attained."
I think I'll continue to use the ketchup I enjoy--Heinz--and maintain my support in absentia for a man committed to the faith and teaching of the Lord and Creator of the universe, Emmanuel, Jesus Christ.

Let Theresa live out her years with or without the knowledge of the true reason why she enjoys the blessings she has been privileged to obtain. They have come to her through the fortune of her marriage into a family built with a heritage of faith in the God she currently rejects. Our prayers are that she may understand them sometime in the future.

------------------------
The quote above can be found elsewhere here. I have not been able to verify its validity beyond this link and some links to sermons on the web. Further research will be updated at this post later.

A short biography of Henry J. Heinz.