OPINION TIMES HAS MOVED. OUR NEW ADDRESS IS www.OpinionTimes.com

Google
WWW Opinion Times

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

A Friend's Review of "Sith"

I've been telling everyone that my wife and I are going to see "Revenge of the Sith" for the last two weekends: it hasn't happened yet, and they laugh. Thankfully I'll be well prepared when I do finally go to the theatre. I posted a link to an interesting "commentary a couple weeks ago which my friend Erick Erickson shared at his site. Now Erick has seen the movie, and provides his own commentary here addressing in particular the supposed political message George Lucas intended to make. Erick says,
In the end, I do not take Star Wars to be a political commentary. But, if Lucas intended it to be an indictment of the right, he failed.
And as with the rest of the series, a sense of the excellency of goodness and the destructive capacity of evil is more prevelant than any rant against conservatives Lucas may intend.