OPINION TIMES HAS MOVED. OUR NEW ADDRESS IS www.OpinionTimes.com

Google
WWW Opinion Times

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Does Kerry Know Why the 2nd Amendment Exists

Chris at Hoosier Parliament hits the nail on the head with this comment about John Kerry's merely verbal acceptance of gun use.

"'I'm a hunter,' came the knee-jerk reply from Senator John Kerry during the debate last night when he was asked about his position on a gun issue.

Kerry always speaks of 'hunting' when talking about gun laws, as if that is the only permissible reason he would allow us to own guns.

The Constitution mentions nothing about hunting. Hunting is mostly irrelevant to the gun issue.

I am not a hunter, have never been a hunter, and never plan to kill an animal with a gun. Frankly, I think hunting wild animals is disgusting.

It is none of John Kerry's business why I own my gun[s?], as long as I abide by the law.

By the way, do you really think John Forbes Kerry eats his kills?"