OPINION TIMES HAS MOVED. OUR NEW ADDRESS IS www.OpinionTimes.com

Google
WWW Opinion Times

Monday, December 27, 2004

A Must Read Email From an American Soldier!

I found The this link on Amy Ridenour's website. It is a fantastic letter from Iraq.

It's a much different perspective of the Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld. Against all reporting inthe MSM, he acuatlly has a human side to him. When confronted with a severly wounded soldier when visiting a military ICU unit:
"[the recently wounded] young soldier, who had just lost his left hand and right eye from an explosion, came to the defense of the Secretary of Defense, stating 'Mr. Rumsfeld, I want you to know, that you are doing a fantastic job. I know that you are taking a lot of heat for the problems with getting armor for vehicles. I want you to know that things are vastly improved. Our vehicles are great, and I have never searched through junk piles for scrap metal.'

At this point, Rumsfeld looked choked up, and I had a lump in my throat and and watery eyes. It was moving. What makes a man who has been so close to death, and maimed for life, come to the defense of the Army's highest ranking official? Loyalty, I dare say. Did Rob think Mr. Rumsfeld was having a self-esteem problem? In his greatest hour of need, his thoughts went to the emotional needs of another. I found it quite amazing, and moving. "
Bravo Mr. Secretary. We are all praying for you! And we believe you are doing a fine job!