OPINION TIMES HAS MOVED. OUR NEW ADDRESS IS www.OpinionTimes.com

Google
WWW Opinion Times

Friday, June 03, 2005

Dick DeVos to Run for MI Governor in '06

We have a report from WOODTV.com that Dick DeVos will be running for Michigan Governor in 2006.
"At this point I am able to confirm that it is my intention and my plan to run for governor in '06. And we'll be announcing a campaign sometime down the road. But I wanted to, once a decision was made, just square up and tell people exactly where I'm at," DeVos told us. . . . "I'm looking forward to traveling around the state, as I already have all of my life . . . . I know how important it is to listen, to learn and then to make decisions," DeVos told us.
DeVos's wife, Betsy, is Chairman of the Michigan GOP. They have money and influence, and Michigan is a Blue state which longs to be Red. Should be an interesting run.