OPINION TIMES HAS MOVED. OUR NEW ADDRESS IS www.OpinionTimes.com

Google
WWW Opinion Times

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Nascent Newspaper Blogging

Jeff Quinton catalogs some attempts by media types to start their own blogs.

To date, traditional media is far removed from the "common people" and hesitant to dirty their hands with blogging "irresponsibility." Thus, early attempts reveal the latent horror within them as they wade into the blogsphere. Jeff Quinton led me to a sample in Brad Warthen's Blog which he links in his post.
Welcome to my Weblog, which begins with a series of disclaimers: First, I don’t know what I’m doing. I’m making this up as I go along. I could read other blogs and imitate them, but I don’t want to. I want this to be different. Second, I am bound to make mistakes as I do this – factual and otherwise. This is a much more hurried form of journalism than what I’m used to, and there is nobody paid to check behind me. So if you see mistakes, say something so I can fix them. Third, the opinions, observations, digressions and irrelevancies contained herein are my own, and should not be seen as reflecting upon the wisdom of The State’s editorial board in any way.
Poor Brad. We know it's tough to come down out of the Ivory Tower and mill about with us commoners. But worry not. You'll find we actually have bathtubs here too, but, sadly, no manicured nails.